Samstag, März 03, 2012

Zac Efron Step Into a Colorful, Imaginative World




Roxanna Bina: What is the world of Dr. Seuss about for you, and in particular The Lorax?

Zac Efron: For me personally, the world of Dr. Seuss sort of opened my eyes. It was always weird and whimsical and fun and a little bit off, so it was interesting and funny to me, as a kid. Yet, at the heart of it, there are very important messages and beautiful prose. So I don’t know what the world of Dr. Seuss is. It’s weird, it’s awesome, it’s great, it’s right here.

RB: What types of challenges did you face, shooting this film?

ZE: It was kind of weird. It was not what I expected. Luckily, I found out we got to record before it was animated, so we didn’t have to fit our lips into their mouths, which I always wondered if people had to do or not. So they animated to us. What they did is they let us do whatever we wanted, encouraged energy, spontaneity, and then they would take it away from there.

Zac Efron in 'Dr. Seuss' The Lorax' on Buzzine.com
RB: What’s your favorite Dr. Seuss creature in The Lorax and in other books?

ZE: Gosh. Ooh, that’s a tough question because there are so many. I don’t know. I’ve got to say The Lorax now. [Laughs]

RB: He’s fluffy… [Laughs]

ZE: He is. And he sounds like Danny, which is awesome.

RB: What types
of themes and messages does this film explore?

ZE: It’s pretty amazing, how much of a visionary Dr. Seuss was. He’s starting to teach kids young that we need to take care of our planet or all the resources will disappear. And the power of one – all it takes is one seed to re-grow an entire forest. I don’t know. Many things.

RB: What do you think of the French movie The Artist, and had you heard of Jean Dujardin before?

ZE: I have, but I have to confess – I’m embarrassed to say – I have not seen the movie yet. It’s on my list and I keep hearing about it, but I will watch it very soon.

RB: Do you think he’s gonna get the Oscar?

ZE: I haven’t seen the movie yet.
RB: [Laughs] No, but just from all the…

ZE: From the hype? I don’t know. I haven’t seen the movie yet.

RB: [Laughs] Okay. What has been your favorite scene from all the movies of all time, and why?

ZE: [Laughs] I don’t know. That’s really hard. That’s hard. I’ll skip that one.

RB: Okay. [Laughs] Would you consider yourself a “green” individual? Like you’re into environmental…

ZE: I try to be, but at this point, I think I could do more. You can never really do enough. I’d like to think I am, but I’m gonna start trying harder.

Quelle: buzzinefilm.com

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen